Do you have a love-hate relationship with New Year’s Resolutions? Some years I set new year goals, while other years I ignore the hype about them. The question I struggled with for years was how to reach those New Year’s Resolutions. Then a few years ago I decided to let go of the traditional New Years Resolution ideas and reach for Unique New Years Resolutions that are perfect for Christian Women. That strategy helped me so much that I want to share it with you today.
What are the Most Popular New Year’s Resolutions?
- Eat Healthier
- Exercise more
- Live on a budget
- Make more money
- Sleet better
- Read More
- Make new friends
- Learn a new skill
- Find Love
Why have a New Year’s Resolution anyway?
Did I mention the love-hate relationship with resolutions NYE? I didn’t see the point until I heard famous quotes that could easily have been new year resolution quotes*
Norman Vincent Peale “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.”
Benjamin Franklin “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.”
They sound cliché, but I wasn’t really getting anywhere in life and I needed to start dreaming again. Can you relate? I started making new year’s resolutions to be a better person and reach my dreams.
As you make plans, dream God-sized dreams I hope you will love these new year bible verses!
Isaiah 43:19 “Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
Do you need a New Year Bible Study?
Joy is the word God has been teaching me about this year. I’ve pulled together 30 passages that have helped me learn what Joy is, Find ways to have joy in any circumstance and shine out the Joy of the Lord to others. I’d love to give you this Reading and Journaling Plan!
So How do you create a successful New Years Resolution?
I highly suggest you ditch the old standbys. The most common New Year’s Resolutions are not the best New Year’s Resolutions for everyday people! Those types of goals are just too high and lofty. They are just exhausted, expected NYE resolutions and who needs them?!?!?!? Not us 😉
Instead, why not think up some creative New Years Resolutions?
I will share some of mine from this past year and give you a glimpse into the next season and why God is directing me that way. I think they are Unique and apply very specifically to Christian Women. Sorry guys 😉
Unique New Year’s Resolution list for Christian Women
Now I’m not saying there are specifically Christian new year resolutions, but Christian principles teach us to plan and dream and follow God’s example of both.
Proverbs 21:5 The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage, But everyone who is hasty comes surely to poverty.
My top 10 New Year’s Resolutions last year were:
- Love others better by forgiving.
- Zero in on my Identity in Christ
- Find One way each month to walk in it more intentionally.
- Treat my body as the temple of God
- Plan one healthy change each month this year.
- Have fun with my kids.
- Plan one fun mommy-daughter date with them each month this year
- Improve my marriage.
- Grow closer to God.
- Try Bible Journaling.
- Schedule a fast one time each month.
- Go deeper in prayer over my own life and my family.
- Mix it up in my quiet time.
Now that you have some ideas for New Year’s Resolutions you can actually accomplish let’s talk practical steps to keep your New Year Goals!
How do you accomplish New Year’s Resolutions?
Last year I used a Planner to help with Setting goals for the New Year! It was inexpensive, easy to use and beautiful! Check out my review of the Beyond Blessed Life PLanner here or go directly to the Planner here!
- 1st – pick realistic goals that fit your lifestyle.
- Know yourself. Push yourself a bit. Allow room for grace when life gets crazy and you need to shift.
- 2nd – Get some accountability.
- Find friends with similar goals. Join groups with likeminded Christian Women all striving in the same direction. Be a part of the local CHurch – hypocrites and all – to be encouraged and lifted up weekly.
- 3rd – Look back at what God has accomplished in your life this year.
- When I look back I see God’s hand all over the year and it allows me to remember I am not in this alone. God has me, has had me and will have me forever amen.
Check all the goals and resolutions with God and ask if He has bigger things for you. God has a plan for your life. Be sure you are asking Him what it is and checking every step with Him.
This year I am going much deeper in my new year resolution… I’d love to have you join me.
New Year’s Resolutions to Grow in Faith personally
- Regular times of fasting and praying scripture
- Meditate on the word instead of plowing through a chapter a day.
- Memorize 12 verses this year – One each month.
Healthy New Year’s Resolutions
- Continue making one small change each month instead of a weight loss new year’s resolution.
- Working through the self-paced Faithful Finish Lines workbook 7-Weeks to Christian Weight Loss, Healthy Eating, & Fitness Program 4 times next year (instead of 2 times last year)
- Join and use the Premium Support Group Package for 7 Weeks to Christian Weight Loss, Healthy Eating, & Fitness.
- Engage in the FREE Facebook group (Christian Weight Loss for Women with Faithful Finish Lines) for accountability and support in my fitness new year’s resolutions (walk 30 minutes every day)
New Year’s Resolutions for a Prayer Ministry (I lead this at our church)
- Clarify our purpose, connect with the needs of our members.
- Invite more in – focus on the younger women.
New Year’s Resolutions for Biblical Parenting
- Think about the rules we have as a family – do they make sense.
- Create a family mission statement with the end goal in mind.
- Spend more time at home having fun. Playing games with the kids. Watching old shows together as a family.
New Year’s Resolutions for a Christian Marriage
- Improve Effective Communication (whew that’s a mouthful)
- Reboot our Sex life.
New Year’s Resolutions for a Christian Blog, Faith Blog, Author, Blog Coach, Blog Mentor, and online ministry
It is so hard to qualify what I do online. Anyone else a Faith Blogger? I’m not really a mommy blogger – I don’t have all the parenting answer (I have lots of questions, but not so much tried and true answers).
My passion is to help women grow in their faith. It brings me joy to give them practical tools to use to reach the next level in their relationship with God.
Another passion is to give Wives Practical tools, help, advice, to improve (choose Hope and Joy in) their Christian Marriage in every season.
This year we learned the hard way that doing all of that online costs money so part of my goals this year is to share resources the will support the cost of this site.
Blog Goals for Next Year
- Teach Fasting and Prayer, Strategic Prayer Strategies, Write a book to let others have easy access to these tools.
- Mentor wives in the areas of Communication and Forgiveness.
- Coach other Faith Bloggers, writers, influencers to grow their online ministry.
Then I have a set of funny new year’s resolutions just because
Christians can and should have the most fun… I believe that!
- I want to laugh more this year – take myself less seriously.
- Connect with friends more – face to face!
- Routinely Fast from Social Media to make time for real people in my life.
- Let people in on the real problems in our life instead of highlighting the successes only
What creative New Year’s Resolutions will you make? How will you make it easy to keep your new year’s resolutions?