Are you a faith blogger, writer, online influencer, entrepreneur? Do you hustle week after week, day after day to create and share great content? Have you been frustrated this year by the lack of traffic, shared, sales, real conversations, ect.? Do you have God-sized dreams and goals for your faith blog but just struggle to find ways to reach those dreams? Today I will share my secret to Blog Planning that has helped grow Hope Joy in Christ to a thriving community in just a few years.
Proverbs 21:5 The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage, But everyone who is hasty comes surely to poverty.
Are you thinking of ways to integrate faith and business? Wishing there was a way to:
- Make this hobby a paying job to bless your family
- Relieve some of the financial burdens your family carries
- And pay the bills that come with this online platform
Have you felt frustrated this year by all the dead ends, last-minute projects, and lack of engagement from your tribe?
You are not alone.
Nearly 80% of all bloggers throw in the towel after just 1 year. Say What?!?!?!
So, I want to congratulate you for sticking it out and trying to find the right rhythm to make a successful ministry online.
Blog Planning Is the Best Way to Grow Your Site This Year
Why do most Faith blogs fail in the first year? As you well know managing an online platform is a continuous learning curve. As soon as you think you’ve mastered one area they change it and you are back to square one.
Working online is incredibly isolating. We lack the encouragement of co-workers helping us celebrate the little wins. That motivation is what keeps most of us pressing on.
But the main reason I believe most blogs (Online Ministries) fail is a lack of vision and planning. We end up on a hamster wheel without an escape route to the right path to Plan and Profit online.
We get stuck in the cycle or create a post, share the post, wait and see if the post did anything great.
What we need is a clear vision for our platform. What we need is a practical, actionable plan and schedule to follow that is genuinely leading us to the Goal (The God-Sized Vision) for our platform.
Need help keeping your Faith focused as you integrate faith and business?
I’d love to give you these printable verse cards that help me! They are Free below.
How do we Grow our Faith Blog this year?
- Cast Vision
- Set Realistic Goals
- Make an Actionable Profitable Plan
- Create the Road Map to a Successful Year
- Set boundaries
- Clarify our No
What qualifies me to teach you how to grow your Faith Blog this year?
Before being called to quit my career –to become a Stay At Home Homeschooling Mom turned Blogger and Marriage Mentor – I was Administrative Assistant (AA) to several Vice Presidents of highly profitable companies.
As an AA I got to be front and center in Vision Casting Meetings. Take copious notes of planning sessions. Watch and assist in creating teams for major projects and help launch new divisions that propelled the companies forward.
Those Goal Setting, Vision Casting and Calendar Planning pieces are what I believe we are missing as Bloggers and I have first-hand experience doing it and teaching others to do it well.
Can we Realistically Apply Business World strategies to a Faith Blog?
Short and sweet right!?!?! But honestly, I have applied these strategies and have gone from Blogging Newbie with a Dream to a Blog Coach in just 2 years.
- My site traffic averages 25K on most months.
- The following on Social Media has been exploding – especially Pinterest and Facebook where I focus most.
- My email list has gone from 25 sweet friends and family to 5000 this month!
To top that off I’ve been coaching others this year to help them reach their God-sized Faith Blog Goals using these same methods!
Lee Felix of LikeMindedMusings and I teamed up this month to put those Strategies into a Course for you to use as you Plan out a Successful Next year for your Faith Blog!
This 6 Part Video and workbook styled course will teach you The Best Way to Grow Your Faith Blog This Year.
how to do all that all the while covering your Blog/Business with prayer.
Part 1 – Learn how to Dream God-Sized Dreams for your Blog and Online Business
- Are your dreams so Big God has to show up?
- Inviting God to cast the vision for your Ministry, asking Him to lead you in the right direction and show you the areas He wants to grow in the coming Year.
Part 2 – Look back at the big picture of the past year to honestly evaluate how you did.
- You don’t know where you are going if you don’t know where you have been.
- Be honest about the things you loved and hated in your Business last year.
Part 3 – Look back and the real numbers to honestly evaluate where you are and Plan ways to grow.
- We often estimate but we need to know the real numbers to see growth.
- Learn how to track Google Analytics.
- Measure your Lead Magnets.
- Map out the real numbers from your social media platform.
Part 4 – Map out the God-sized Vision
- Go beyond just visualizing it – put it on the calendar.
- Write out the big goals.
- Chart out the Big projects.
- Line up holidays and projects to be realistic with your time.
Part 5 – Plan each Big Project Out working backward to make sure you can reach your goal and succeed.
- When you work backward – detail by detail – you can pad in enough white space and grace space to actually reach your goals!
- Learn you to break Big Projects into manageable, schedulable pieces to reach your Goals this Year!
Part 6 – Set Boundaries around your business and learn why and how to say No
- If we don’t set realistic Boundaries around our blog, ministry, and online business we will become overwhelmed, fall behind and fail.
- Saying No is a powerful tool in our strategy to reach our God-sized Faith blog and business Goals this year! Learn How to do it well!
I can’t wait to see you inside!
**How do you plan a blog post? How do you write a blog post fast? Blog planning worksheets, planning a blog strategy, blog planning template, blog planner, how to research for a blog post, blog content planner template, create blog and editorial planner, how to write blog posts faster, how to share your blog, blog planning worksheets, blog content ideas, blog planner***