Why oh why is it so hard to be Kind in my own home?
so far we’ve seen Patience, Kindness, Jealousy, Bragging, Arrogance, Disrespect or Acting unbecoming in Marriage, Selfishness in Marriage, Anger in Marriage, Evil Thoughts in Marriage, Rejoicing In Marriage and Bearing All Things, Believing All Things, Hoping All things and Enduring All things in a Biblical Marriage.
Have you been taking the Marriage Challenges?
So what does it mean? Love is Kind
Kindness puts him first even when he has not been kind.
When I am hurt, I have had to learn to pray.
Have you noticed a pattern? I simply can not do anything good in this marriage without God’s help. When I pray, God reminds me to forgive (I know – another reoccurring theme!)
Is forgiveness something you wrestle with?
I used to too. -I’d love to share how I got out of that bitter resentful cycle. There is a Pathway I found to truly forgiving the Pain, Abuse, and Betrayal that stole so many years of my life. I was stuck, unwilling to forgive. I had to learn to release people so I could walk in freedom!
So I pray, I forgive (or work on forgiving) – but where is the action?
As I pray God reminds me of things that show my hubby love.
It could be as simple as picking up a bag of Twizzlers while I’m out at the store. (The way to a man’s heart is often through his tummy right?!?!?!)
It means I need to intentionally find something to praise him about (admire or appreciate about him) instead of my usual criticism.
Let me give you a personal example?
- I could have agreed with him
- He is late often and that does affect our family.
- That would have been true, but not kind or loving.
- What I have had to practice is a way to pivot the conversation.
- In this case, I began questioning whether “late” is necessarily a character trait.
- Then I pivoted to listing things that are good and true about his character.
- He is a great father
- A hard worker
- Very smart and intuitive
- He shows love to use in an amazing way
How can you specifically show kindness to your husband in the next few days?
Could you use a jolt of Hope and Joy infused into your Marriage?
How about a reminder of God’s way to live as Wives (in the Wifehood)?
I wrote this 10 Week Bible Study to share the tools I learned as I studied all The Bible had to say about Marriage.
(Our Pastor of Discipleship laughingly said: “It should be titled the complete guide to marriage”. But that wouldn’t get anyone’s attention 😉
This is a 10 Week study on Biblical Wifehood where we will talk about:
- Desires Vs. Preferences
- My Mouth
- Appreciation & Admiration
- The Leader
- Understanding Men
- My Priorities
This class will include
- 10 video lessons
- You can watch live or when you have time
- 9 weeks of personal study
- 5 days each week that should take 10-15 minutes
- A private Facebook Group to discuss the homework and talk through the weekly challenges
- 45 Days of Prayer prompts
Tiffany has a passion to equip wives to do Marriage God’s way and inspire women to choose hope and Joy in Christ through every season by growing in faith.