so far we’ve seen Patience, Kindness, Jealousy, Bragging, Arrogance, Disrespect or Acting unbecoming in Marriage, Selfishness in Marriage, Anger in Marriage, Evil Thoughts in Marriage, Rejoicing In Marriage and Bearing All Things, Believing All Things, Hoping All things and Enduring All things in a Biblical Marriage.
Have you been taking the Marriage Challenges?
This week the verb phrase is: Love is Not Jealous.
Love is not Jealous – The verb tense of jealous is best explained in 2 parts.
- Envy -you have what I want.
- Covet -I hate that you have that and wish I had it and you did not.
- Paul is trying to get them to stop competing with each other.
- He wants them to be happy that there are so many gifts to help the body function well. (Philp 2:3; 1 Peter 5:5-6 & Gal 5:13-15)
Do you notice competition in your Marriage?
- He is quick to point out that I cannot park straight (I really can’t Y’all). He claims he is a parking expert compared to me.
I am also competitive with him… though I wouldn’t have admitted that until a few years ago.
- I want to be independent.
- Most of my life has been spent to prove my worth apart from “a man”.
Could you use help finding Hope and Joy in your Marriage?
How about a reminder of God’s way to live as Wives (in the Wifehood)?
I wrote this 10 Week Bible Study to share the tools I learned as I studied all The Bible had to say about Marriage.
(Our Pastor of Discipleship laughingly said “It should be titled the complete guide to marriage”. But that wouldn’t get anyone’s attention 😉
This is a 9 Week study on Biblical Wifehood where we will talk about:
- Desires Vs. Preferences
- My Mouth
- Appreciation & Admiration
- The Leader
- Understanding Men
- My Priorities
This class will include
- 10 video lessons
- You can watch live or when you have time
- 9 weeks of personal study
- 5 days each week that should take 10-15 minutes
- A private Facebook Group to discuss the homework and talk through the weekly challenges
- 45 Days of Prayer prompts
Fighting to be sure that Love is not jealous
And Y’all, it is a fight to choose to respond rather than react!
Pick 1 area to Admire and Appreciate your husband this week instead of competing jealously with him.
- Move from anger – ah his pointing out a weakness.
- To appreciations of his keen observation skills (try to do it with a straight face 😉 )
- And Admiration of his talent (maybe to park the car straight and all that must mean to him).
- Add a bit of sweet and sassy – to deflect the fight that is brewing in him.
And Y’all, this conversation (and many others like it) comes up repeatedly – so I get to practice and get better often!
Need some encouragement? Comment the areas you are going to pick and know that I will be praying for you throughout this series!