Who are the women you look up to – are they leaders, maybe an actress, a politician or a speaker? Bible teacher that I am I have to say the women who inspire me are Priscilla Shirer and Beth Moore. Can I assume that none of us listed Jezebel – right?!?!? There isn’t a woman more famed as evil in all of scripture. But like her or not, Jezebel was a Biblical Woman of Influence and there is a lot that we can learn from her – even if it is a list of What Not To Do.
Who was this infamous Woman of biblical Influence?
Like many of us, Jezebel was a wife, mother and grandmother. She was a leader in her own right before she ever took on any of those roles. Jezebel was a daddy’s girl who had hopes and dreams – she was ambitious and knew how to motivate the results she wanted. We see the side of her that was ruthless and monstrous but do you think she started out that way? She would have just been a girl, a woman first.
What went wrong to create the Evil Nature we know grew in Jezebel?
Jezebel allowed her flesh to rule her. She held herself back from no pleasure and in her ambitious pursuits she trampled every relationship in her life. Some of the Character Traits she allowed to rule her are:
- Stubbornness (2 Kings 9:29-37).
- A refusal to learn from her mistakes- or accept that she could be wrong (1 Kings 19:1-3).
- The tenancy to step in to lead where it was not her place (1 Kings 21).
- Refusing to forgive or extend grace (1 Kings 21:11-14).
- Self Indulgence – putting her preferences above the needs of those around her – that influenced her husband and a nation for generations. (1 Kings 16:29-33).
Do you struggle with any of these 5 common character traits?
One Piece I believe will Help us all avoid repeating the Mistakes of Jezebel is Community
Do you need some encouragement to keep pressing into that Daily Commitment?
We could all use a community to help us in Reclaiming Hope & Joy in our marriages!
We just finished a 31 day Series to help us Reclaim Hope & Joy in Marriage by Intentionally Investing in our Christian Marriage. Get the articles Free in this downloadable e-Book. And Be sure to check out the Wives Only FB Group where Christian Wives chose Hope and Joy in every Season
Today I am guest at Angel Penn’s Spot Experience His Freedom where she is in a Series about Women Of Biblical Influence. Angel is a follower of Jesus Christ, a wife and mom of 3. She loves people and is passionate about seeing people walk in the power and freedom of Jesus Christ.
Finish Reading The 5 Ways to Be Sure You Are Not like Jezebel
Be sure to keep up with all the great Articles this month at Angel’s spot and be encouraged as you are also a Woman of Biblical Influence!
Can you relate to any of the 5 Ways Jezebel got off track? What have you done to avoid that?
Today’s article is an excerpt from the Marriage Course Finding Hope and Joy in My Marriage.
This self paced course is for Wives Only -teaching us to live in our Marriage from a Biblical Worldview.
The Course is laid out in 9 Modules with a Video Lesson to introduce the topic and a downloadable workbook.
- Inside the workbook are 5 days of work for you to do – just you and God.
We will walk through the topics of:
- That is deeper than lip service
- Desires Vs. Preferences
- And how they war
- My Mouth
- Why & How we can tame it
- Appreciation & Admiration
- The best ways to use our words to create momentum in our Marriage.
- The Leader
- Who is it and how do we actually make that a reality.
- Understanding Men
- What does this really mean and how can we accomplish it?
- My Priorities
- Setting them to make the best Future for our Marriage
As a Bonus, when you sign up for the Intermediate Plan
- You will be paired with an accountability partner who will be there to talk to when the days are hard.
- You will have lifetime access to a Private Facebook group where you can connect with other like minded Wives.
- I will be hands on in the FB Group to answer questions and pray over needs as they arise.
When You sign up for the Advanced Plan you will have a Mentoring Call with me about week 4 to talk through the hard things and plan ways to resolve those issues you are really battling!