Are you a Prayer Warrior? Do you wish you could become a prayer warrior? When life gets hard there are certain people we turn to for prayer, but what if you could be like them? I am here to tell you that anyone can become a prayer warrior – a strong prayer warrior. Anyone! And Y’all, we need more Christians to rise up to the challenge. You just need to know why you should pray and how to become a Prayer Warrior today.
How to Become a Prayer Warrior will flow from the Why – Always Know Your Why!
Why become a Prayer Warrior? This world needs Jesus. We desperately need a revival that will stir unity in the Church. Yes, we need to prioritize prayer for unity in the Church. That is what will draw the lost world to God.
Historians recount the Revivals of the past with awe and wonder. They tell of great pastors and great change in the lives of communities around the world. We hear these stories and wish for Revival, we may even pray for Revival, but historians also note that weeks, months and even years of prayer preceded those great revivals of the past.
- Prayer Walks
- Prayer meetings
- Prayer guides
- and pamphlets abound from their time
Why become a Prayer Warrior? Behind every great revival are prayer warriors.Why become a Prayer Warrior? Behind every great revival are prayer warriors. Click To Tweet
Truly, Revival begins in the hearts of God’s people crying out to Him for change. Change in themselves first and then change in the world around them. Revival begins when ordinary people become intercessory prayer warriors! People like me and people like you.Revival begins when ordinary people become intercessory prayer warriors! People like me and people like you. Click To Tweet
When you add scripture to prayer it becomes a powerful strategic prayer. I’ve pulled over 100 verses that you can use to Pray for Support, Unity and Financial Blessings. Download them below!
Why are Prayer Warriors Needed?
Sadly, Prayer seems inactive (maybe even wimpy) to some in our culture. Some prefer to serve on the platform, help on the front lines, preach the word, sing the song, work the tech, teach the class instead of joining a prayer team.
The church needs us to serve in those ways, don’t misunderstand me, but we need more people to become like the prayer warriors in the Bible – Powerful Prayer Warriors. Here are some of my favorite prayer warrior bible verses
- Prayer Warriors Like Shadrach Meshach and Abednego in Daniel 3:17-18 made real miracle prayer requests.
- If you ask “What is a Prayer Warrior and an Intercessor?” look no farther than Daniel himself who added fasting to prayer and was given a vision of end times in Daniel 10
- BTW, think Fasting is too hard – read this and see how easy it is to fast and pray in a way that pleases God
- The New Testament is also filled with many a prayer warrior Bible Verse to inspire a change! Paul repeatedly prayed for the churches – Ephesians 3:14-21
Modern Day Prayer Warriors Needed:
We need people committed to praying, committed to cry out… you really can become a Prayer Warrior!
There is No special training for prayer warriors required. It’s simple and you can start today!There is No special training for prayer warriors required. It's simple and you can start today! Click To Tweet
How to Become a Prayer Warrior today
Becoming a Prayer Warrior is as simple as 1-2-3. Well, actually as simple as 1-2 but we can throw a 3 in there to make it more fun!
First, you need to know how to define pray
We have to know the meaning of prayer beyond the definition. Prayer is about talking to God and listening when He talks to us. If you can talk to God you can become a Prayer Warrior! Jesus routinely went away alone to talk to God. Let Him be our example.
My favorite Prayer Warrior Scripture is one I bet you know!
Prayer is about talking to God and listening when He talks to us. If you can talk to God you can become a Prayer Warrior! Click To Tweet
1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
Second to become a prayer warrior you simply must commit to pray.
That’s it. Pray. Day in and day out. Pray about everything anytime it comes to mind and you will become a prayer warrior.
- Spend time to Pray for myself
- Pray for your family
- Seek protection for your co-workers
- Cover your church leaders and the congregation
- Interceed over the community you live in
- Lift up the lady bagging your groceries and the boy handing you your drink in the drive-thru,
- Remember the prayer request from Sunday School.
People often ask “What does it mean to be a prayer warrior?” This is it. You just commit to pray.
How to know if you are a prayer warrior?
When life hits you hard, one of the first responses of a prayer warrior is to pray. That is the test.
Do Prayer Warriors Pray special Prayers?
Honestly, what words do you pray to become a prayer warrior? I know what you mean. There are times I want to pray, I plan to pray and when the times comes I sit with a blank mind wishing I had a highly effective prayer strategy. And there are just so many questions!
- Where do you begin to pray?
- How can I be spiritually strong in prayer?
- How do you stay focused while praying?
- Do you need to set aside hours each day to pray?
- How do Christians become prayerful?
Listen, the truth is that prayer is simply bringing our lives before God, inviting Him into those lives and listening for Him to direct our path. It doesn’t take hours… I want you to take a deep breath and relax.
Don’t let the enemy talk you out of becoming a Prayer Warrior before you begin.the truth is that prayer is simply bringing our lives before God, inviting Him into those lives and listening for Him to direct our path. It doesn't take hours... I want you to take a deep breath and relax. Don't let the enemy talk… Click To Tweet
Third – to become a prayer warrior cheat 😉
Many days I simply pray through a list or a pre-written prayer guide to keep my mind focused. That’s okay – promise it’s not cheating.
- Other days I journal my prayers to keep focused and on track.
- Some days my prayer time is five minutes in the morning.
Other days God and I spend an hour together before the kids wake up. In times of crisis, I go so far as to set reminders on my phone to go off and prompt me to pray for a few moments.
- There is no wrong way to do this… unless you give up and don’t pray.
Remember, to become a prayer warrior you simply commit to pray. It doesn’t matter if the prayer is written out, just pray!
How can I be spiritually strong in prayer?
Do you want to take this commitment to pray a step farther?
Schedule a time each day to meet with God – even if it’s five minutes – keep that appointment. Honestly, you don’t need special equipment to become a Prayer Warrior – there is not uniform (well maybe you can put on the whole Armour of God).
You can show up to your scheduled time in your jammies for all God cares! Just show up and Pray.
Do you want to know the secret of how to pray effectively?
Many days my time with God is me (still groggy in my Hello Kitty jammies) with a hot cup of coffee, my Bible, a prayer guide, a notebook, and a pencil. We sit in silence on the sofa watching the sunrise. There’s no secret Christian morning prayer, it’s just me and God chatting about life.
I bring a notebook and pencil to write down anything God said because Y’all God talks to His soldiers. Becoming a prayer warrior puts you in a more intimate relationship with God. He will answer your prayers. Be ready to write down what He says so you don’t forget later that day when the chaos of life squeezes in.
I use several prayer guides to prompt me to pray over certain areas of my life. They help get the words started because some days my heart just says “Help me God” and what I really want is to be specific and strategic in my prayers. Not that “Help Me God” won’t be answered but we have a real enemy with a real plan and I need to be effective as I do battle.
When I pray to God both strategically and effectively I add scripture. Whew, the Word of God is living and active and powerful – Prayer warriors use your sward!When I pray to God both strategically and effectively I add scripture. Whew, the Word of God is living and active and powerful - Prayer warriors use your sward! Click To Tweet
Need a Prayer Guide to get you started?
I love to use the Acronym H.E.A.R.T.S. with our Women’s Ministry (The inspiration for it came from this PDF on Taking Prayer to the Street by prayer walking which is Amazing). First, we pray for ourselves then turn our focus to our friends, our family, our co-workers, our neighbors, the congregation at church, our life groups, the staff (Including their spouses). Use this guide as a starting point, or pray the scripture out loud as a Powerful Prayer Strategy.
- H – Pray that Hearts will be softened to receive a word from God (Ezekiel 36:26; Luke 8:5-15)
- E – Pray that our spiritual Eyes and Ears will be open to receive and apply the truth God speaks. (Acts 26:18; Matthew 13:15)
- A – Pray that our Attitudes will be adjusted to see sin as God sees sin. (Luke 15:7; James 2:10)
- R – Pray that lives will be Released from strongholds, footholds, and snares of the enemy that keep us from following God fully surrendered. (2 Corinthians 10:3-4; 2 Timothy 2:25-26)
- T – Pray that lives will be Transformed from living as Christian in name only to living as true disciples of Christ. (John 8:31-32; 1 John 2: 3-6)
- S – Pray that we would Stand united; one as the Body of Christ. (1 Corinthians 1:10; Colossians 3:13-14; John 17:23)
I am believing God to move in a powerful way and bring the revival we desperately Need!
Can I send this Prayer Guide directly to your inbox to help you in the journey? Plus, get the verses written out as prayers that you can read through anytime to join us in Praying.
Will you join us, become a Prayer Warrior, pray for Revival?
There is a very real battle raging to destroy the unity in the church. Prayer is an active form of the battle against a very real enemy! Become a Prayer Warrior today. By praying together in agreement we are claiming the promise of God:
Matthew 18:19 “Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.
God will show up in a powerful way and dramatically change our lives and the life of our church’s and Nation when we stand together in Prayer!
Remember, It is as easy as 1-2-3 to become a Prayer Warrior:
- Understand that Prayer is just talking to God.
- Commit to Pray over everything.
- Cheat to get you started – a Prayer Guide is a perfect prayer cheat sheet!
If you will join us in praying comment “I’m In” and I’ll be praying for you in return!
If you enjoyed this you would also like these Posts: