Are There Advantages of Homeschooling?
First, you should know I was I came from a homeschool family.
Growing up my parents chose to pull my oldest brother out of public school. I know that was not her original plan either, but it was what was best for our family. My brother was dyslexic and had been pushed aside to an LD class where he was not being adequately educated.
- Her Homeschooling why was clear.
- Her motivation was solid.
- She did an amazing job!
There are clear advantages of homeschooling! But before we go there, let’s be honest about the disadvantages of homeschooling.There are clear advantages of homeschooling! But before we go there, let's be honest about the disadvantages of homeschooling. Click To Tweet
What are the pros and cons of homeschooling?
Is homeschooling more effective than public school?
When I entered public school I was 3 grades ahead of my peers academically. My brother, when matriculating back to public school was right on grade.
Each child is different. How they learn, what pace they learn at and what additional resources they need vary for every single child.
Public school may be a viable option for you.
Private school may be a viable option for you.
Homeschool may be a viable option for you.
Who is to say which is more effective? You have to weigh the pros and cons of each.
- Are the children in your district learning to read at grade level?
- How are the school scores across the region?
- What about disciplinary issues within the school cluster you belong to?
- How are students in your city doing with college and career statistics moving forward?
There is a lot to take into consideration when deciding what school choice is best for your family.There is a lot to take into consideration when deciding what school choice is best for your family. See these Homeschooling Pros and Cons Click To Tweet
Homeschooling Pros and Cons
What factors helped us decide to homeschool? When Bud and I had kids I didn’t want to homeschool. We had solid reasons for that choice, but God changed my mind about the biggest two reasons, not to homeschool.
Why Homeschooling is a bad idea for some families
When you honestly look at the pros and cons of homeschooling it helps make the best choice for your family. I had 2 major cons about homeschooling.
1. My Career
2. Homeschooling Places Demands on Marriage
- I believed the Public school system could educate them well.
- We assumed we would find time to supplement anything they missed along the way.
- I didn’t want to repeat their mistake.
- The stress of planning and doing all that is involved in education is real and can really affect families badly if not handled with care.
Our Homeschooling Arguments
Why did we ultimately choose to homeschool?
We had been weighing the benefits of homeschooling vs public schooling. We looked at the financial benefits of homeschooling, the spiritual benefits of homeschooling. Also, we weighed the cons of socialization, testing, higher level sciences, PE, sports and other things that public school does well.
However, there are many homeschooling arguments.
Fear of Homeschooling
- Someone might walk into a public place and shoot my little blessings
- Our special little blessing would not be adequately educated
- These little blessings would be negatively influenced by a secular culture
- We would lose influence over them and watch them become statistics
Fear is not a good Why to .
4 Powerful Advantages of Homeschooling That Made a Better Why
“Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is ole he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6 NASB)
The initial why of homeschooling may have been fear, but it didn’t take long to see the true advantages of homeschooling! There are sooooo many more advantages than there are disadvantages.
And knowing the pros and cons of homeschooling first hand we set safeguards in place to be proactive about socialization and group sports.
Deeper Learning is one of many Advantages of Homeschooling
Love of Learning is a pro of homeschooling
Time with your children is a huge pro of homeschooling
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20 NASB)
Knowing The Advantages of Homeschooling Make The Right Choice for Your Family
Knowing my why makes all the difference in our homeschooling adventure. There are days I have had it up to the top with temper tantrums and noise… There are days I want to quit.
- 3 Helps for A Siblings of Special Needs Children
- Learning How to Cope with Autism and Family Stress God’s Way
- 6 Astonishing Truths No One Tells You About Homeschooling