It feels… challenging as I see God re-focusing my priorities. Have you ever been in that place with God? He is allowing life to change all around me and it is hard – deep in my soul.
I’ve lost a loved one, a friend has moved away, there are challenging financial problems, my position and responsibilities have changed so much that I wonder what I am supposed to be doing… just to name a few things. Have you been there?
It can be hard in those times to let go of the hurt and forgive those involved. Over the years the hurt can build up and create bitterness and resentment and cause us to walk away from God and the church.
God showed me a Pathway to Forgiveness.
I would love to share it with you in this Free Forgiveness E-challenge
I learned long ago, that when things are changing it is best to drop to my knees and be sure everything is right in my Vertical Relationship with God.
- Sometimes hardship is a result of my sin… and honestly, I am often unaware of my sin until then.
- I love that God loves me enough to do what He needs to get my attention.
- Sometimes hardship is God’s way of giving me direction.
- I wish I were better at being still and listening, but He often has to speak/act loudly to get my attention!
- Sometimes hardship is just a result of living in a fallen world.
- Even then I find that humbling myself and seeking Him in these times grows our relationship in beautiful ways.
I was not really giving Him first place in my heart.
God was not first in my life and in my day.
Many days I would fall into bed exhausted and drift to sleep praying – feeling regret that God was getting my leftovers. Do you ever feel that way?
It took so many hard nights like that to force me to make a change.
Now I meet with God first thing in my day and let me tell you:
It changes how I approach everything else in my day.
We talked about How to Love God with all my heart and that makes more sense now… but can I be honest with you? I really struggle with how to love with my soul
What on earth is a Soul anyway?
The soul is a hard thing to understand let alone describe, so I go back to the Bible and find:
- The soul is the part of us that is saved
Psalm 62:1 “My Soul Waits in silence for God only; from Him is my salvation”
- My Soul is the very core of who I am. When I express myself I am expressing my soul. I could express the things of Gods Kingdom or the things of my kingdom.
Psalm 103:1 “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name”
- My soul seeks after things and should be seeking after God.
Deuteronomy 4:29 But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul.
Loving God with my soul is about giving up myself in order to express God.
If I am striving to love God with all my heart by setting love for Him as my 1st priority, I find that my soul will begin to express the things of God more than the things of Tiffany.
How can we examine our life to see if we am loving God with all our Soul?
Ask: “When I speak or act, does it sound/look like Jesus or the world?”
Food for thought anyway right?
Can I pray for you? Are there area’s you are struggling to reign in your own priorities? Let me know your thought in the comments section below.