Are you a perfect wife? I am far from perfect. And please don’t ask my husband – because I’m sure he could list far more flaws in me than I see. Honestly though, none of us are perfect… but do you ever imagine what it would look like if we were? In a perfect world husband and wife would both work intentionally toward the greatest desire of our Christian marriage. Our husbands would lead wisely and love us passionately. We as wives would honor our husband and respect them.
Perfect world or not, we both need those things from the other. So what do we do with the conflict between our needs Vs our reality?
We could just walk away saying “I’ll change when he does.” I have done that – I have a divorce certificate to prove it. It didn’t bring the peace and satisfaction I was longing for.
The first Radical piece of the #WifeLife from a Biblical World View starts in Luke 17:33 (NASB)
“Whoever seeks to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.”
Seeking to keep my life is like doing what I’ve always done in my marriage but waiting for it to change. If I want a different result, I have to do a different thing.
What do you desire in your Christian Marriage?
My desire started simply with wanting our Marriage to last ‘Til Death do us part’ – no divorce – but it has evolved now to include:
- A desire to connect in real ways
- To be a team that works together
- Raising children who know how to do marriage God’s way
- re-building trust
Do you need some encouragement to keep pressing into that Daily Commitment?
We could all use a community to help us in Reclaiming Hope & Joy in our marriages!
We just finished a 31 day Series to help us Reclaim Hope & Joy in Marriage by Intentionally Investing in our Biblical Marriage.
Get the articles Free in this downloadable e-Book. We also have a Private Facebook group to let us connect – Wives only.
Today’s article is a Guest Post at Rebekah Hargraves’s Spot Hargraves Home and Hearth. Rebekah has a passion to equip women to walk with God (with a cup of coffee in hand) through the everyday things of life. She is author of Lies Mom’s Believe, blogger and Podcaster.
Today’s article is an excerpt from the Marriage Course Finding Hope and Joy in My Marriage. This self paced course is for Wives Only -teaching us to live in our Marriage from a Biblical Worldview.
The Course is laid out in 9 Modules with a Video Lesson to introduce the topic and a downloadable workbook.
- Inside the workbook are 5 days of work for you to do – just you and God.
We will walk through the topics of:
- That is deeper than lip service
- Desires Vs. Preferences
- And how they war
- My Mouth
- Why & How we can tame it
- Appreciation & Admiration
- The best ways to use our words to create momentum in our Marriage.
- The Leader
- Who is it and how do we actually make that a reality.
- Understanding Men
- What does this really mean and how can we accomplish it?
- My Priorities
- Setting them to make the best Future for our Marriage
As a Bonus, when you sign up for the Intermediate Plan
- You will be paired with an accountability partner who will be there to talk to when the days are hard.
- You will have lifetime access to a Private Facebook group where you can connect with other like minded Wives.
- I will be hands on in the FB Group to answer questions and pray over needs as they arise.
When You sign up for the Advanced Plan you will have a Mentoring Call with me about week 4 to talk through the hard things and plan ways to resolve those issues you are really battling!