It feels… challenging as I see God re-focusing my priorities. Have you ever been in that place with God?
He is allowing life to change all around me.
I’ve lost a loved one, a friend has moved away, there are challenging financial problems, my position and responsibilities have changed so much that I wonder what I am supposed to be doing… just to name a few things.
I learned long ago, that when things are changing it is best to drop to my knees and be sure everything is right in my Vertical Relationship with God.
- Sometimes hardship is a result of my sin… and honestly, I am often unaware of my sin.
- I love that God loves me enough to do what He needs to to get through to me.
- Sometimes hardship is God’s way of giving me direction.
- I wish I were better at being still and listening, but He often has to speak/act loudly to get my attention!
- Sometimes hardship is just a result of living in a fallen world.
- Even then I find that humbling myself and seeking Him in these times grows our relationship in beautiful ways.
I can see how I was not really giving Him first place in my heart.
I was not choosing to make Him first in my life and in my day.
Many days I would fall into bed exhausted and drift to sleep praying -regretting that God was getting my leftovers. Do you ever feel that way?
I have established a habit of meeting with God first thing in my day and let me tell you:
It changes how I approach everything else in my day.
So Loving God with all my heart makes more sense now… but can I be honest with you? I really struggle with how to love with my soul?
What on earth is a Soul anyway?
The soul is a hard thing to understand let alone describe, so I go back to the Bible and find:
- The soul is the part of us that is saved
- My Soul is the very core of who I am. When I express myself I am expressing my soul. I could express the things of Gods Kingdom or the things of my kingdom.
- My soul seeks after things and should be seeking after God.
Maybe loving God with my soul would looks like giving up myself in order to express God.
If I am striving to love God with all my heart by setting love for Him as my 1st priority, I find that my soul will begin to express the things of God more than the things of Tiffany.
That is also a good way to examine my life to see if I am loving God with all my Soul.
- When I speak or act, does it sound/look like Jesus or the world?
Food for thought anyway right?
Can I be praying for you? Are there area’s you are struggling to reign in your own priorities? Let me know your thought in the comments section below.
You are in the middle of a series on Setting My Priorities. ←Click to go back to the first post.
Next we will see how to Love God with all our Mind.
If you’d like to stay up to date with me, Subscribe below!